Wednesday, January 28, 2009

oh...poop!!

If you asked me ten years ago (I was a freshman in college-oye vay!) could I ever imagine being thrilled at the act of pooping (my child-not me!)? I would have said no way! BUT I am!! THRILLED!

My son, Connor, just turned 18 months old and for the first time tonight went poop on the potty by himself! Now I know this seems trivial to some, but to those parents who have gone through it-you understand.

The only thing is he might be a little scared to get back on...see he went to the potty, flushed and was so proud he wanted to get back on, but slipped and fell in!! resulting in tears! I was laughing, but he didn't find it so funny.

After changing diapers for the last year and a half (double the last two months) the sight of the beginning of potty training is just beautiful!!! I know this is probably a rare occurrence since he is so young, but there is a light a the end of this diapered tunnel!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind that I stumbled across your blog while reading Megan's. What a blessing to read about your beautiful family. Lexie, you have grown to be a beautiful wife and mom (not that I ever doubted that you would). Your postings on the reality of motherhood made me laugh! How well I remember those days! May God continue to bless you and Derek and the boys! Love Ya - Ms. Ellen

    ReplyDelete