Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Days

Two hands has this mother
Two eyes have I
Two boys with endless energy
And not enough time

Already there are dishes to be washed
Breakfast to be made
Crayons mark the floor
And laughter heard from my babes

Morsels for their mouths
Like fuel on a fire
Like the feeding the lions
And their roars can be heard for miles

Walking the toy dotted floors
Carrying baskets of laundry to be folded
Noticing items that need dusting
And smiling at the helpers that have followed

Errands to run
Friends to visit
Quick hopping in and out of the car
And my boys are reaching their limits

Nap time is nearing
I can tell by the whining
My patience is thinning
And I’m the one nearly crying

Running through the lawn
Playing in grass and sand
Happiness is imminent when dirt is at hand
And bath time will soon be calling

Book after book is brought to be read
The pushing of cars, trucks and trains to be had
Waiting for daddy makes two anxious boys
And laughter and hugs when he arrives

Running and wrestling
Boys-only time has arrived
There’s no room for Mommy
And I’m pushed aside

Soon they will return
Whey hungry tummies are calling
Or a boy is in need of a boo-boo to be kissed
And both will be doled out with love and a smile

Now arrives the time to wash away all of our day
With bubbles and bath toys
Splashing, swimming and soaping
And wrapping dry clean, happy boys

Two cuddling boys has this mother
Two sleepy eyes have I
Two boys that bless this home
And not enough of this precious time

1 comment: